HW: High rise

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri May 2 13:35:41 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2 May 2003 03:15:54 EDT, <Alistair Ogilvy> <Alogilvy at AOL.COM> wrote:
>Thank you Keith for the A.I. link. I Never expected to find so
>comprehensive an article on Ade. Now begins the quest to obtain
>the CD's reffered to!  First stop Woronzows catalogue.
> Does anyone know what Ade is doing ( Bass wise) now? is he still playing
>live with Nick Saloman and are there any more MM projects in the pipeline?

As Filip mentions, he still plays live regularly with the Bevis Frond.
Well worth checking out.  And on his solo albums, he plays most of the
instruments.

> I recall posts about his health recently, particularly the reason for non
>attendance at Hawkestra. Has he recovered from recent illness?.

Apparently he has recovered from hepatitis, but he also apparently didn't
have it nearly as badly as Rod Goodway from Magic Muscle, who is still not
very active for that reason (hence future MM work, at least live
performance, seems unlikely).

> Since starting this thread I've relistened to Quark ,and PXR5 several
>times and Ade has just shot up my all time favourite underrated Bass
>player Table.
>Listen to both albums with the focus on the Bass lines .
>WOW is the only word possible. At times world class.

As a bass player myself, I wholeheartedly agree with that evaluation!

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com