OFF: Tours: Damo Suzuki; Oneida

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Fri May 16 14:36:55 EDT 2003

Damo's doing tours of Canada (well, my corner of it anyway) and
the U.S.  Woohoo!

These are hand-translated from HTML, so don't take them as
gospel; check http://www.damosuzuki.de/ to verify.
        May 15      USA       Detroit MI
        May 16      USA       New York NY
        May 19      Canada    Hamilton
        May 20      Canada    Toronto
        May 21      Canada    Montreal
        May 23      Canada    Ottawa
        May 24      Canada    London
        June 08     Germany   Hannover
        June 13     USA       Chicago IL
        June 14     USA       Detroit MI
        June 15     USA       Pittsburg PA
        June 16     USA       New York NY
        June 17     USA       Cambridge MA
        June 18     USA       Philadelphia PA
        June 19     USA       Baltimore MD
        June 20     USA       Winston-Salem
        June 21     USA       Carrboro NC
        June 22     USA       Nashville TN
        June 23     USA       Atlanta GA
        June 24     USA       Athens GA
        June 25     USA       Orlando FL
        June 26     USA       Miami FL
        June 27     USA       Gainesville FL
        June 28     USA       New Orleans LA
        June 30     USA       Austin TX
        July 1      USA       Denton TX
        July 2      USA       Oklahoma OK
        July 3      USA       Lawrence KS
        July 11     Belgium   Verviers
        July 26     Germany   Finkenbach
        Sept 05     Canada    Guelph (Workshop)
        Sept 06     Canada    Guelph
        Oct 25      UK        London

And now for someone completely unfamous.

Here's a band you've probably never heard of, but some might
like.  Oneida (they're from Brooklyn) are touring Europe.  I saw
them (actually, lit them) a few months back, and really liked
them.  I seem to recall them as being at the loud & fast end of
the blanga spectrum (it's weird that I can remember enjoying a
show, but not what the music was actually like :-/)  Probably not
worth travelling a long way for, but if you're in the
neighbourhood and looking for a night out....  Quote from their
announcement email: "We guarantee to leave a wake of exhuasted
satiation behind us.  Let's have us a noise picnic!"

        Mon May 19th -- Rome, Italy: LA PALMA (with Cat Power)
        Tue May 20th -- Naples, Italy: MARABU
        Wed May 21st -- Mestre, Italy: JAM
        Thu May 22nd -- Massa, Italy: BARAONDA
        Fri May 23rd -- Milan, Italy: BLOOM
        Sat May 24th -- Bologna, Italy: LINK
        Sun May 25th -- Frankfurt, Germany: DREIKOENIGSKELLAR
        Mon May 26th -- Berlin, Germany: BASTARD (with Joan of Arc)
        Tue May 27th -- Hamburg, Germany: HAFENKLANG (with The Seconds)
        Wed May 28th -- Groningen, The Netherlands: VERA
        Thu May 29th -- Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium: Ferme du Biereau (early show)
        Sat May 31st -- London, England: UNDERWORLD (with The Heads)

"One great thing about [the May 29] show:  it will be followed by
a screening of Billy Wilder's stone classic movie "Some Like It
Hot" -- a beautiful evening will be enjoyed by all."

Their web site is http://www.enemyhogs.com.  It's a hoot --
especially Tour Reports and News.  Gotta like the "Ten
Insufferable Bummers About Great Britain" and "Ten Great Triumphs
of Great Britain" from the News page!

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
My Wine works.  However it crashes about half the time on startup.
Apparently their simulation of windoze API is getting too accurate.  :)
        - Kyle Sallee