HW: Cambridge Junction SPOILER WARNING

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Sun May 18 19:22:59 EDT 2003

Just got back from Cambridge, so a few quick words.
Speacehead supported and provided good tight set, amongst the best I've seen from them.
Hawkwind were on great from. Line-up was Dave, Alan, Richard, Simon and Arthur.
Opened with Time Captives, followed up by Master of the Universe, Gremlin and in rough order, Chronoglide Skyway, Time Chaos and the other Arthur number they played last year (name eludes me), Steppenwolf, Spirit of the Age, Out of the Shadows, Assassins of Allah, a couple of new numbers, The Watcher, 7x7, Assault & Battery, Golden void which segued into Where Are They Now?
Encore was Paranoia and Silver Machine
Cracking tight set, Chronoglide Skyway a little shakey but the band were firing on all cylinders for the most part.
Promised some changes in the set list for future gigs (tonights was not what the guys at the desk had!).
Splendid light from Neil, Marie et al, enhanced this time round by the addition of some strobe flowers pointing out from the stage.
Definitely on fine form and the Astoria gig should be one to remember!
More later,

Nick