HW: Astoria meet-up and passport holders

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu May 22 08:11:01 EDT 2003

Keith Barton writes:

> M Holmes wrote:
>
> > Where is the Tottenham? Do I go towards Trafalgar Square from the Astoria?
>
> The Tottenham is on Oxford Street directly across from Tottenham Court Rd
> underground station and next to the Virgin Megastore and the evil McDonalds.

So basically during Orange Alert it's on the major shopping street next
to the number one US commercial target in the major city of the co-major
target of the arab nutcases?

Hmmmm. Do I want to disappear in smoke?

> You could also try the Dog & Duck on Frith Street - good Taylors Landlord but
> no food.
> There's a Wetherspoons (The Moon & Sixpence) on Wardour Street - real ale &
> food.
> The old Marquee on Charing Cross Road is also now a Wetherspoons pub called The
> Moon Underwater - real ale & food.

I remember that one. It's OK.

I guess we ought to settle on somewhere pretty promtly but I'd vote
against being Under Ground Zero.

FoFP