HW: CD Services Psych News: Dave Brock CD.

Andrew Garibaldi Deadearnest at BTOPENWORLD.COM
Sat May 24 14:00:19 EDT 2003

Ahhhhh...........so THIS is what we  e-mailed out. Yes , this was taken
directly from the Voiceprint release schedule as I recall seeing it, so I
can but assume that what Dave has written down is accurate and this will be
the final track list.No reason to suppose they're going to change it, but
you never know.
Thanks,
Andy G.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephan Forstner" <stemfors at PIPELINE.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 1:33 AM
Subject: HW: CD Services Psych News: Dave Brock CD.

Recently got this mailing and it had the info quoted below about this
upcoming release which I am looking forward to - I thought the Agents of
Chaos LP was Dave's best-ever solo release and I didn't like the cut-job
done on the Flicknife CD re-release, so I've been hoping it eventually got
done properly - and based on what AndyG (hope you don't mind me quoting you
here) has mailed out the news is decidely mixed.

>THE NEW 'DAVE BROCK' CD IS NOW A DOUBLE!
>
>DAVE BROCK: Earth To The Ground + Agents Of Chaos (Double Album)
>Stock # 423553
>Normally 2CD £15.99 - New Release CDS Price 2CD £13.99
>'Earthed To The Ground' is on CD for the first time - It features 2 bonus
>tracks and is certain to be sought after by Hawk fans new and old alike.
>With this disc comes a new re-issue for the 'Agents Of Chaos' album. Some
>of the tracks from 'ETTG' and 'AOC' have been available together on a vinyl
>LP before, but the additional tracks on this double CD set means that this
>is the first time that both albums have been available as complete sets.

Not really accurate but we forgive you! The Flicknife 2-for-1 CD release
called 'Dave Brock and the Agents of Chaos' had all of the ETTG vinyl tracks
and most of the AOC vinyl tracks on it. There was never AFAIK any vinyl
release where tracks from ETTG and AOC where available together.

>Here's the complete track listing...
>Disc 1: Earthed To The Ground
>1)     Earthed To The Ground
>2)     Assassination
>3)     Green Finned Demon
>4)     Spirits
>5)     Sweet Obsession
>6)     Oscillations
>7)     Machine Dream
>8)     Now Is The Winter Of Our Discontent
>9)     On The Case
>10)    Raping Robots (Bonus Track)
>11)    Wired Up For Sound (Bonus Track)

The good news is that 'Wired Up for Sound' is hard to find on CD and 'Raping
Robots in the Streets' has not previously made it to CD at all AFAIK. The
bad news is: why didn't they include 'Social Alliance'?!?! As the A-side of
'Raping Robots' this would be the perfect place for it. And putting 'Zones /
Processed' on here as well would have gone a long way towards finally
getting all of DB's solo stuff onto CD and more easily accessible to the
proles.

>Disc 2: Agents Of Chaos
>1)     High Tech Cities
>2)     A Day
>3)     In The Office
>4)     Hades Deep
>5)     Words Of A Song
>6)     Heads
>7)     Nocturne
>8)     Wastelands
>9)     Empty Dreams
>10)    Infinity (Bonus Track featuring Lemmy)

Can't wait to hear 'Infinity', BUT the rest of this track listing looks bad.
It is the same listing as appeared on the aforementioned Flicknife 2-for-1
CD, and if the tracks turn out to be just the Flicknife CD tracks then that
means that 2 tracks ('Empty Dreams' and 'Mountain in the Sky') have once
again been left off and sucked away into the black depths of the vinyl-only
black-hole. Plus, IF this turns out to be just the Flicknife CD tracks, then
track 2 will really be 'A Day' and 'In the Office' combined, throwing off
the naming of the following tracks (which is why 'Empty Dreams' is not
really on the 2-fer despite being listed, and 'Into the Realms' is, despite
being not). If its not too late I am going to PLEAD with anyone who reads
this and can do something abut it: ADD the extra tracks to BOTH CDs and
re-index AOC so that it accurately reflects the songs. In addition to the
previously mentioned items, I think that 'Words of a Song' is actually in 2
parts and brackets the 'Hades Deep' track, so it would be nice to get that
done properly as well, or perhaps my guess as to the names can be refuted by
someone who knows better.

Stephan