Hawkwind - Bristol 2003 ? The death of the band ?

Chris Appelt mail at SUPER-TUNES.DE
Wed May 28 01:28:47 EDT 2003

Yes you're so right in many points I think. And London was the same
experience.

OK, only 5 tour dates, this means no need and energy for giant projects
like the Robot on the Alien 4 tour 1995/1996...

The whole thing was curious, you're right, and some of the London fans
around were disappointed too, but the majority seemed to be totally
satisfied, may be they didn't register those lacks, breaks and shifts down
to the many beers, guinness and marihuana-stashes....

For me and my wife Arthur & Simon gave the good moments to the show, the
post-industrial Jesus-figure at the beginning, the very good Steppenwolf-
performer (but what a cheap music, why didn't Simon add his fantastic
violin-solo to it?). Yes, chronoglide skyway was performed well too....But
to realize those hidden diamonds you had to switch on the brain. And then
you could see how hard Dave was working to keep the things together that
night, running around synths, dat-tapes, guitar and sometimes a few
milliseconds too late to the microphone....

I guess, we won't watch those guys during the next years, not before they
had improved their show to a new quality. But specially the Alien tour
showed us, that those things can happen very soon, remember the quality
shift after two years as a trio playing old stuff down and then they
entered with Ron Tree totally new spheres ....

On the other hand they're getting older as we do, and may be they only
want to have fun, and funny it was.

But not for 17 pounds for the show ticket..Blue Öyster Cult commes around
in some days from USA for 12 pounds ....

May be we'll see us.

Chris

Greetings from Germany

Chris