HW: MQB/Xmas combo?

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Sun Nov 2 09:46:32 EST 2003

Hey Folks...

Was just curious as to whether there were any Geordies and/or Scots(wo)men
looking to do a double Xmas concert experience with MQB in Sunderland on
Sat. 20.12 and HW at Astoria 21.12.  Particularly somebody with their own
vehicle who had extra space.  I guess I won't be leaving Europe quite yet
(at least one more year in der Schweiz!) and won't go home for the holidaze
either, so I'm thinking of trying to make both shows to make another
SleasyJet flight to my favorite town, aka Luton, again worthwhile.  But I
haven't made up my mind quite yet.

New out in the local CD shop is a DVD of the Pretty Things doing the SF
Sorrow rock opera in 1998 (presumably a 30-year anniversary of same), along
with guest appearances by Dave Gilmour & Arthur Brown, if Dick Taylor
himself weren't enough of a Hawkwind connection to begin with.  Anyway, I
was hoping when I picked it up off the shelf that it was some amazing
uncovered old document from the original time of recording, but instead it's
this recent gig.  I haven't decided whether it's worth risking 39 Swiss
Francs on anyway.  Well, if anyone has seen it, maybe they'd like to
comment.  I was listening to the album the other day, and was thinking that
perhaps "Old Man Going" would be an interesting song for Hawkwind to try.
And perhaps AB has some recent experience with it?

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  I got the Amon Duul II video DVD from 1968...hmmm...interesting bit of
psychedelic madness, but it's only 25 minutes, and not shot so well (and for
a spell it's out of sync with the music, which is maddening).  The packaging
is confusing...it looks like a digipack CD, with the identical artwork as
Phallus Dei, the only difference being that it is B&W (and grey) as opposed
to dark blues and such.  And it says 'Play' Phallus Dei.