[Hawkwind] What A hawkfan listens to

Karen Kusic kkusic at EXECPC.COM
Fri Nov 7 21:31:34 EST 2003

Well Stephan F - I said hi to your friend Cliff (who's a guitar tech on the
Killing Joke tour) when he/they were in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US.

This hawkfan doesn't listen to KJ anymore since the Milwaukee show was a
disaster:

Lots of posts/comments here:
http://www.misera.net/gathering/board/

Would love to know what Cliff thinks of the tour so far but I'm sure he
doesn't have time or can't give us the nitty gritty anyway ...

All I know is that I was at the Milwaukee, WI show and it was not one iota
as good as when I saw the band over 10 years ago.

There are a lot of questions about what happened at that show that haven't
been answered.

There wasn't much of a crowd first of all since it was a Sunday night with
major football on TV ... you UKers could relate to this if you're rabid
soccer fans ... and the sound was terrible. Partly from the venue, partly
due to Jaz's vocals which we don't know if that was because (these are
guesses) he *was* still sick, had no voice from being sick, did something to
make himself sick, just plain didn't hold the mike up to his mouth ... (I
thought he did sound OK when he did.) All I know is that I heard him say
"F*ck them if they don't like my voice" and he just stared straight ahead
during the whole "show" with no interaction and definitely no encore. We
were shafted. Those few people who *did* turn out *were* true fans and
deserved better. Blame booking management for picking a bad night and a bad
venue, not the fans.

My Killing Joke days are over. It's too bad.

So ... what I will be continuing to listen to is:

Mr. Quimby's Beard of course
Kingston Wall
Monster Magnet
Ayreon - Arjen Anthony Lucassen
Zomby Woof
Blonde on Blonde [UK] Rebirth (70)
Eloy
Everon
Igra Staklenih Perli
Kopecky
Man In Space
Il Segno del Comando
Ship of Fools
Amorphis
a little Rush (yes, Kenneth) ;-)

and *anything* recommended by Aural Innovations!

So there.  :)

Karen