OFF: KIlling Joke was Re: [Hawkwind] What A hawkfan listens to

Karen Kusic kkusic at EXECPC.COM
Sat Nov 8 14:40:13 EST 2003

Thank you Nick!

I think you hit the nail on the head.  (strange expression, I know)

"I'm reminded that we're actually
quite lucky here on boc-l, in terms of having mostly civilised discussion."

I'm *so* grateful for that too.  Our couple "jokers" have really quieted
down and the posts here have been interesting, intelligent and informative.
That KJ message board is quite unstable as the lead singer of KJ can be.
Guess they have a listserv too which I wasn't about to be bombarded with.

Thank you boc-l gang.  I've read so many good posts here over the years and
really appreciate them.  I know I post a lot of OFF/OT stuff but hopefully
you've found some of it interesting too.

The web interface doesn't seem to want to take a message if I use OFF:,
that's why I've been using OT: instead.

Karen
(digest mailing mode and web interface mode)

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 12:17:14 -0500, Nick Medford <nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 13:51:25 +0000, gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK wrote:
>
>>Seems like that was an off-night for them.
>
>>From the descriptions on the KJ message board, that's probably something of
>an understatement... sounds like it was a total disaster. Jaz has always
>been somewhat unstable and it sounds like the wheels fell off badly at this
>gig.
>
>I've never perused that message board before and having done so (as with
>almost any internet forum I glance at) I'm reminded that we're actually
>quite lucky here on boc-l, in terms of having mostly civilised discussion.
>
>On a happier note, I picked up the "Pandemonium" album recently following
>the recommendations here, and some of it is superb- "Communion" is every
>bit as great as it sounded at the Astoria... a late contender for my very
>fave KJ song.
>
>Nick

Thank you Nick!

I think you hit the nail on the head.  (strange expression, I know)

"I'm reminded that we're actually
quite lucky here on boc-l, in terms of having mostly civilised discussion."

I'm *so* grateful for that too.  Our couple "jokers" have really quieted
down and the posts here have been interesting, intelligent and informative.

Thank you boc-l gang.

Karen