OFF: KIlling Joke - possible good news out of the Milwaukee show disaster

Karen Kusic kkusic at EXECPC.COM
Sat Nov 8 22:30:05 EST 2003

Well ...

Some *good* news here. I received a call from KJ's management today after
contacting The Rave (the venue where KJ played) which passed along my
contact info to the record company.

Jaz *was* sick at the Milwaukee show from mixing antihistamines for an
inflammation problem along with a couple drinks. He *was* quite out of it.
He's getting better but we *did* see him at his worst.

As I had mentioned here and/or on the KJ message boards, 2 longtime fans/DJs
were in the audience that night. Well ... it looks like I may have brokered
an interview between one of them and Jaz through management. If all goes
well, it should air on a Saturday in the next few weeks and I'll post more
details. If it goes off, the DJ's show is automatically archived on the
internet and will be available for download for several weeks after the fact
as well.

Here's to harmony and bringing forth good promotion out of a bad concert
experience.

I wanted to do more than just complain about a bad show/off night for the band.

Keep your fingers, toes, eyes ... whatever crossed that this will be a
success and we'll get a great interview in place of a great show.

Thank you management for responding and making an effort to turn the
disaster of the Milwaukee show into a win-win for fans and the band.