SLOTERDIJK & One Eyed Bishops News!!! Message for Deitrich Pless too!!!

Burro Mike sloterdijk at MSN.COM
Mon Nov 10 12:35:05 EST 2003

Hi everyone,
I'm moving at a pretty good clip this morning, due in part to the powerful
cup of Coffee I'm drinking ( the world's most widely used psycoactive
substance)!!

There are losts of things going on with both bands, so I thought I'd try to
pass along what I know and what seems to be developing.

As many of you may know, I am also a college professor of Philosophy &
Religion. This is why I no longer tour so extensively as I once did, my open
dates now corresponding with the academic calender and so forth.

Sloterdijk & The OEBs are still actively looking for dates between Janaury
3-13th and also more local shows between now and January 14th.

Regionally, we are hoping to do a New York, New England roadtrip sometime
between now and the end of February. If you are in the New England area and
you think you can help with this booking let us know.

It's also looking like we MIGHT make it to Germany to perform a gig or two
in the greater Frankfurt area.
I know that at least one gig would probably be a bill which would include
the German psych band 'ST'.
The chances of Sloterdijk performing more than two gigs on this trip is
doubtful, however if you have an idea, please drop us a line.

We are DESPARETELY SEEKING DATES IN THE NETHERLANDS!!!!!!
We would like to enter europe through The Netherlands and do at least one
show there prior to the date(s) in Germany. It would be our ideal hope to
fly into Amsterdam and then fly home either from Frankfurt or back from
Amsterdam. It all depends on what happens.
Right now, our main focus is Germany, but we are hoping to be able to add a
show or shows in Holland.

If any of you is in contact with Dietrich Pless, publisher of the German
'Hawkzine' please tell him that I would be willing to come to
Holstein/Helweg or wherever he is for a show. It need not be a big show, and
could even be a private one. I want to do this for Dietrich as I consider
him a friend and a long time supporter of the band. Please someone let him
know this, as I haven't got any way of contacting him except by mailing a
letter the old fashioned way. The lineup for these shows is still
undetermined, however it will include me, possibly my wife Dr. Maria
Ramundo, on synth and maybe Jay Adcock on synths/percussion as well. We may
use some guest players from Germany too, so if you are interested drop us a
line.

Because of short notice, travel expenses and all that, I am not going any
further east, this time round.
I would however like to do a proper German/Dutch/UK tour in the future
possibly summer 2004.
I know we hope to return to The UK at least once within the next 8-10 months
( probably for the festival season).

Musically, the new SLOTERDIJK CD ( scheduled for a spring release) is
beginning to take shape, and looks like it will be a mixture of live and
studio cuts. There will be some special guests, and we still need quite a
bit of time for this one, but it should be worth the wait.

I have told several people before, that in the meantime, I plan to release a
few more live shows, and I have not forgotten about this. I hope to begin
working on the signal processing for the first of these releases soon. The
first offerings will be 'Live Transmania': 9/30/2000. This was a biker
event, called 'The 30th annual Bike Day Weekend, sponsored by The Freedom
Riders MC, Montgomery County, Redhill, Pennsylvania.

The other show will be 'Amityville' , New York, at 'The Wrong Way Inn'
8/25/01

On the ether, I also plan to re-issue the original two SLOTERDIJK releases,
( once only available on cassette). These being 'Alien Theme' ( 1997) and
'Technoanthropology' (1998). I have not yet even begun digitally remastering
these tracks, but this is something I plan to do within the next months.

At this point, my post as professor begins heating up, as the semester winds
it's way toward completion in December. I want to thank those of you who
continue to support the bands, who have purchased cds and who have provided
us with hospitality.

For those of you who are still looking for a place to find our cds, we have
opted for using Ebay, as the most cost effcient way of distributing our own
products.
As many of you know, all our cds, artwork etc ( with the exception of
Integration) are put together by us, and manufactured here in our home
studios. We have tried to eliminate the need for a 'middle man' aka 'outside
distributor' in order to offer the products as cheaply as possible. Just
type in http://www.Ebay.com and search for Sloterdijk, The One Eyed Bishops,
or OEBs.( also often cross referenced with Hawkwind). We try to offer as
many titles as we can, and update these listings weekly.

Here's hoping someone will get the message through to Dietrich, and we'll
see you on the road!!!

Peace...Mike Burro

web resources for these two bands:

SLOTERDIJK: