HW:Questions and answers

Mick Crook m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
Mon Nov 17 15:54:49 EST 2003

Kris wrote -
>By "full Hawkfest 02", do you mean all the tracks by all the bands or all
>the tracks by Hawkwind?
>The double cd was meant to be an overall best of taste of the festie, it may
>be overkill to release it all?????
>What do you think?

I'd certainly buy a CD of the full Hawkwind set from Hawkfest 02. I'm sure most fans would welcome official recordings from each tour and special gigs like the Astoria.
The sound wouldn't have to be perfect and artwork could be provided for free by artistic fans. Why not sell them as CD-Rs direct from Mission Control and generate a few extra quid
for the band? I'm sure this has been raised before and there are 'Good Reasons' why it can't happen - but the demand is there and I can't see how it would conflict with official studio releases with a label.

Mick