OFF:very sad news: Greg Ridley of Humble Pie & Spooky Tooth has passed away

Burro Mike sloterdijk at MSN.COM
Fri Nov 21 12:37:54 EST 2003

Hello, friends,
I just received the following sad note from Greg Ridley's management.
The One Eyed Bishops were set to help support Greg Ridley's Humble Pie, on a
North American Tour.
Sadly, this dream will never be realized as Greg has gone to join Steve
Marriot at 'the great gig in the sky'...Peace, Mike Burro

Hello,

First off, let me express our appreciation for the interest you showed in
Greg Ridley's Humble Pie 2004 American tour.

Unfortunately though, if you haven't already heard, I'm afraid I have some
sad news to report.  Greg passed away
yesterday in Spain after a sudden onset of pneumonia and resulting
complications.  He was 56.

I'm "happy" to report that Greg was aware of the interest shown by venue
owners, who stretched from coast-to-coast and
Canada to Mexico.  That fact brought him much joy and he was anxiously
looking forward to next Spring's tour.  In fact,
we were so impressed with the response that the time span for the tour was
being expanded from the original plans.

So again, thank you - your interest is appreciated in more ways than one!

Best regards,

Keith Stallbories