Calvert - HW live 76 albums

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Nov 21 20:22:27 EST 2003

Hello, Knut!  Good to hear from you!  Glad to hear that you're still
working on the Calvert website, I look forward to seeing it back up under
the auspices of Aural Innovations.

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:34:18 +0100, kgerwers <kg at THING.ORG> wrote:

>hello all!
>I am (still....) working on the update of the Calvert / spirit of the
>p/age site.
>hopefully, you can help me with some infos reg. the release(s) of the
>Hawkwind live 76 albums: Atomhenge 76 and Thrilling Hawkwind Adventures.
>Are these recordings taken from the same gig?

Yes.  I'm sure Bernhard can chime in with exactly which gig ;^) (it may be
in the list archives somewhere, but I'm too lazy to check at the moment).

>Are there major differences (apart from the extended set-list of the 2-
>disc set) in regard to sound-quality etc.?

Not major, no.  They sound a tiny bit different, perhaps, but both are
acceptable sound quality.  There's no real reason to buy 'Thrilling
Hawkwind Adventures' since all tracks from it are present on the double-
CD 'Atomhenge 76'.

I'd consider 'Atomhenge 76' to be an absolute "must-buy" for serious
Calvert fans (great booklet with lots of photos, too; photos of the
correct lineup, even!).  I'd also put Weirds 101-105 in that category
(although they all include photos of the *wrong* lineups).

>any other interesting anecdotes / infos about these releases?
>I have difficulties getting them over here for "decent" prices, so, any
>help is appreciated....

I believe I've seen secondhand copies of 'Atomhenge 76' inexpensively
around San Francisco.

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com

P.S. Where are you (or other Germans on the list) located?  I will be in
Stuttgart (again) in early December (6th-15th) ...