OFF: TicketMaster bidding

Neil Shilladay neil.shilladay at MICROLISE.COM
Tue Nov 25 11:41:46 EST 2003

Mike Holmes writes
"The music industry is a global business. It's been that way for rather a
long time. It's not nice and it's not pretty but that's the way it is.
On the plus side we (albeit very occasionally in Scotland) get gigs and
records. On the minus side there's all this business shit that someone
has to wade though."

Not necessarily. There's a very excellent band that play in my area (North
Derbyshire , UK), who all have day jobs, but play a gig every week or so
*just for the hell of it*. They play originals aswell as covers, have CDs
to sell, but only once have I had to pay to see them. (The band are called
Treebeard, and play the most bizarre version of 'Ace of Spades' you'll ever
hear - bass balilika, accordion and acoustic guitar !)

Neil.