OFF: TicketMaster bidding

Wright, Mike wrightm at BRE.CO.UK
Tue Nov 25 11:59:29 EST 2003

And if you like Treebeard get hold of some of their live tapes from when
some of them were called Haze. They did a suitably splendid "Hurry on
Sundown", as well as a good range of other covers and wonderful proggy
nonsense.

Actually, now I think about it, a band like this who do it mainly for
fun, with no pressures to produce product or make a living from what
they do, is quite a nice model for something or other. I fear my memory
is failing, due to lack of sleep from having a tiddler present in the
house. Melissa Iantaffi-Wright, 23 days old and suffering from terrible
baby acne. At the moment she likes Mel C, but I am trying to infiltrate
her ears with beat heavy Hawkwind or poppy Chumbawamba. And just wait
until she doesn't need to be carried everywhere, then gigs will be
forced upon her.

Big Mike

PS Neil, next time you have the opportunity to see Treebeard please let
long haired Chris McMahon that Big Mike from his past has had a baby,
and is looking forward to bringing her to the Haze 30th reunion gig.

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Shilladay [mailto:neil.shilladay at MICROLISE.COM]
Sent: 25 November 2003 16:42
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: OFF: TicketMaster bidding

Mike Holmes writes
"The music industry is a global business. It's been that way for rather
a long time. It's not nice and it's not pretty but that's the way it is.
On the plus side we (albeit very occasionally in Scotland) get gigs and
records. On the minus side there's all this business shit that someone
has to wade though."

Not necessarily. There's a very excellent band that play in my area
(North Derbyshire , UK), who all have day jobs, but play a gig every
week or so *just for the hell of it*. They play originals aswell as
covers, have CDs to sell, but only once have I had to pay to see them.
(The band are called Treebeard, and play the most bizarre version of
'Ace of Spades' you'll ever hear - bass balilika, accordion and acoustic
guitar !)

Neil.
Privileged and confidential information and/or copyright material may be contained in this e-mail.  The information and material is intended for the use of the intended addressee only.  If you are not the intended addressee you may not copy or deliver it to anyone else or use it in any unauthorised manner. To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies. Thank you.

Foundation for the Built Environment, Registered under number 3282856 in England and Wales.
Building Research Establishment Ltd, Registered under number 3319324 in England and Wales.
BRE Certification Limited, Registered under number 3548352 in England and Wales.
Registered Offices:  Bucknalls Lane, Garston, Watford, Hertfordshire WD25 9XX