HW: A plea for your help

Dave Law dplaw at IC24.NET
Tue Nov 25 21:00:22 EST 2003

hello all
it's 01.45 UK time, which us far later than I would usually post a message
as I'm normally tucked up in bed by now but to say I've had a bad evening
would be an understatement
for the past 3 hours or so I've been working on a new feature for the
hawkwind museum that basically involved collating a load of information
from various sources and putting them into graph form. it really started
out as a bit of fun while at the same time it also taught me the rudiments
of spreadsheets, things were going fine and project was nearing completion
when about half hour ago my computer crashes completely, blank screen the
lot, everything i tried was fruitless and i was left with no option but to
switch of the PC and restart it, and yes you've guessed it all those 3
hours plus work has been lost, if i said i was "hacked off" that would be
a very polite way of putting it, actually I'm completely *%£!)*&^* off.
so why am i posting this message, well a lot of the information i was
using came from what is known as the museum's "visitor profile" and whilst
this has been a popular part of the site with many replies I'm sure that
there are a lot of you on the list who have yet to fill it out, it'll take
a matter of moments, it's just a brief outline of your hawkwind likes and
dislikes and none of the information or e-mail address is passed on, you
have my word on that.
the fact that the more data i have to work with the more trends and
fashions become apparent and seeing as I've got to start this project from
scratch once more this seems an ideal opportunity for me to make such a
request.
thanks for reading this and also thanks in advance to those kind enough to
fill out one of these on-line forms, you can find them at
  http://www.hawkwindmuseum.co.uk/newpage22.htm
all the best
regards
Dave