HW: Hawkfest, public transportation

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sat Oct 11 12:11:29 EDT 2003

Jon Jarrett writes:

> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, M Holmes wrote:
>
> > If we had a government that could make the trains run on time, we
> > wouldn't be allowed rock festivals anyway.
>
>         Shurely "if the population thought trains running on time were
> more important than rock festivals their spending patterns would reflect
> this and we'd have working trains instead of rock festivals all the bloody
> time"? Jon

Indeed. Just look at how we regard people who really really like trains.

Besides, apparently Mussolini didn't actually make the trains run on
time. What he did was make the local trains run very late by kicking
them off the line to ensure that international trains ran on time.
Clearly he impressed all the right people and hence the legend.

Between finding this was false and discovering that Shrub didn't really
say "The French have no word for 'entrepreneur', my whole world has been
shattered.

FoFP