Advice required on buying minidisc recorder

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Oct 14 09:40:17 EDT 2003

My trusty tape recorder died at Hawkfest. I think the heat was too much
for it. Or perhaps some Delatron ray has been developed to destroy such
devices.

Anyway, the time has come to forsake reels of tape for these newfangled
ones and zeros stored on oversized tiddleywinks.  I have no experience
of minidisc devices.  I assume they can store 80 minutes like their
beermat elder siblings? I guess what I'm looking for is a recorder
that's as small as possible but which can take a (or two?) microphone
input? Are there other features I should look for? How do I transfer to
the 'puter? Can anyone reccommend particular models and microphones?

All help very much appreciated...

FoFP