OFF: Killing Joke

Nick Medford nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 14 17:10:49 EDT 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:17:45 +0100, gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK wrote:

>Ah, the Joke... I'm just about to leave Edinburgh to catch the tour once
>again in Dublin... indeed a true joy to have them back amongst us!    Yup,
>you're right about the drummer...Ted Parsons. Does a fine job I think. The
>songs you're not sure of are Communion and Pandemonium... both off the 1995
>album Pandemonium... well worth picking up, though not my fave.

Thanks for filling in the blanks- I'll definitely be picking that up.

FWIW my fave Joke album is "What's This For". That would have to be one of
my top 10 albums of the 80s.

>The reason Asteroid and Follow The Leaders were dropped was that old
>favourite... DISCO AFTER THE GIG...

Yeah, I had a horrible feeling it might be this. Jaz said something about
time being short when they came back for the encore. I checked my watch
when I got out of the gig- it was only 10.20pm! I fully agree with your
sentiments on this.

Nick