OFF Dio/MH

Tue Oct 21 11:00:19 EDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM wrote:

> Sorta like the line from "We Are Motorhead". . .
>
> "We are the ones you heard of, but you've never heard."
>
> Let's put it this way, though:  I'm willing to bet Motorhead sells more t-shirts than Dio sells albums.  And at 35 bucks a pop, I'd rather sell a shirt than a record.  I bet the clothing company takes less off the top than a record label anyway.
>
> >But aren't Motorhead the top band known for selling
> >more t-shirts than
> >actual albums (I'm pretty sure Lemmy even mentions
> >this in his
> >autobiography)?
> >
> >    -Doug (who wouldn't be caught dead wearing a
> >Dio t-shirt!)

        I've seen that bit of autobiography quoted, I think, and it goes
on "but I don't mind, because I get paid more for the t-shirts than I do
for the albums!" or something very much like that. Sad but probably
true... Yours,
                Jon

--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)