HW: Complete 79 sound quality

Craig Shipley mr_ship at BELLSOUTH.NET
Thu Oct 30 07:09:09 EST 2003

Sorry if this is an old subject, but I got the COMPLETE ’79 CD set last night
and, at first listen, the sound quality seems much worse than the old single
LIVE IN ’79 (initial thought is that there is a lot of tape mis-tracking and
that the sound is not as clean). Must admit that the initial listen was done on
a boom-box (but it is a high-quality boom-box, bi-amped speakers ‘n all). I
haven’t done an A-B comparison yet, but my recollection was that Li79 was one of
the best sounding live recordings. Does anyone have any insight about this? Or
are my ears just fulla crap? SYMBOL 74 \f "Wingdings" \s 10

Regards,

Craig Shipley
mr_ship at bellsouth.net (personal)
cshipley at veritas.com (work)