OFF: Damo Suzuki, Acid Mothers Gong

Nick Medford nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 31 03:05:50 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:21:17 -0500, Stephan Forstner
<stemfors at PIPELINE.COM> wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:22:49 -0500, Nick Medford <nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM>
>wrote:
>>
>>So what do Ruins sound like?
>
>Basically, like Magma on speed! Look up http://www.aquariusrecords.org

This site is an absolute goldmine!

The Acid Mothers Gong gig seems to have created quite a stir online- the
Gong forum at www.planetgong.co.uk is heaving with (mostly very negative)
comments about it, although a couple of people there seem to have been as
excited as I was. The forum on the AMT site also has a lot of comments-
overwhelmingly positive!

I fear this says something about the relative open-mindedness of the two
bands' followings.

Amazing how conservative these hippies become when they get old...

Nick