OFF: 100 Greatest Guitarists

Nick Medford nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 3 08:05:58 EDT 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 07:40:03 -0400, Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>
wrote:

>BTW, to illustrate the idiocy of it all, Robert Randolph (#97) doesn't
>even play *guitar* (as his primary instrument).  He plays pedal steel,
>which is a very different animal.  Bass guitar is closer to guitar
>than that, and you don't see any bassists eligible, do you?...
>
>PS: I really like Robert Randolph, so I'm not knocking on him.

I had never even heard of him until I read this list earlier this morning.
But by a strange synchronicity I've just seen him on TV- I liked the song
(forgotten the title already) a lot- catchy, uplifting, funky... these are
not words normally associated with music I like, but funky in that totally
un-crap way that one almost never encounters these days. And a blistering
pedal steel solo rounding it all off. Nice.

Nick