OFF: 100 Greatest Guitarists

PETER WILKINSON petertrance at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 3 10:54:29 EDT 2003

yet another subjective discussion.........how does one differentiate?
'greatest' does not neccessarily mean the most technically acomplished. e.g.
substitute 'greatest' for 'most influential' then perhaps rolling stone may
make more sense. having said that , possibly the most influential guitarist
in britain was bert weedon (seriously) because most old axe heads (richard ,
clapton etc) will readily tetsify that they used his 'play in a day ' guitar
book to help them learn.

peter