OFF: 100 Greatest Guitarists

Matthew Braun mbraun at URBANA.CSS.MOT.COM
Thu Sep 4 11:58:22 EDT 2003

Nick Medford <nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM> writes:
>On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 19:36:48 -0400, Doug Pearson <jasret at MINDSPRING.COM>
>wrote:
>>And, of course, for some of the most mind-blowing psychedelic steel guitar
>>you'll ever hear, check out Glen Campbell's (no, not the country singer!)
>>work with the Misunderstood in the late 60's
>
>Well I never. So this, I presume, must be the same Glen Campbell that
>guested on one of the great lost albums of the 70s, Juicy Lucy's "Get A
>Whiff O'This".
>
>Confession- I always thought it *was* the country singer Glen Campbell.

According to: http://www.fuzzlogic.com/vdgg/juicy.htm, his name is _Glenn_
(with two 'n's) Campbell, even though he's listed as only having 1 'n'
on album credits.  The page says this of Juicy Lucy:

    Glenn 'Ross' Campbell gathered this gang soon after the end of
      Misunderstood. Their debut single Who Do You Love (also recorded
      by Misunderstood IV earlier) earned them a top 20 hit. Their
      self titled album of rock, blues & boogie blend climbed to
      no. 41 in the UK charts. Glenn left Juicy Lucy (III) in 1971
      before the 4th. and last album.

      Keith Ellis: Keith Ian Ellis stayed on in Juicy Lucy II in 1970
      (for one more album, Lie Back And Enjoy It), then played
      sessions with Bobby Whitlock, Paul Williams (ex Juicy Lucy II),
      joined Spooky Tooth in '74 and Boxer in '75. He died while on
      tour with Iron Butterfly in Germany in 1978. Check out Peter
      Hammill's Not For Keith (pH 7).

                                        m@