OFF: 100 Greatest Guitarists

Nick Medford nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 4 14:38:25 EDT 2003

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 10:58:22 CDT, Matthew Braun <mbraun at URBANA.CSS.MOT.COM>
wrote:

>According to: http://www.fuzzlogic.com/vdgg/juicy.htm, his name is _Glenn_
>(with two 'n's) Campbell, even though he's listed as only having 1 'n'
>on album credits.  The page says this of Juicy Lucy:
>
>    Glenn 'Ross' Campbell gathered this gang soon after the end of
>      Misunderstood. Their debut single Who Do You Love (also recorded
>      by Misunderstood IV earlier) earned them a top 20 hit. Their
>      self titled album of rock, blues & boogie blend climbed to
>      no. 41 in the UK charts. Glenn left Juicy Lucy (III) in 1971
>      before the 4th. and last album.
>
>      Keith Ellis: Keith Ian Ellis stayed on in Juicy Lucy II in 1970
>      (for one more album, Lie Back And Enjoy It), then played
>      sessions with Bobby Whitlock, Paul Williams (ex Juicy Lucy II),
>      joined Spooky Tooth in '74 and Boxer in '75. He died while on
>      tour with Iron Butterfly in Germany in 1978. Check out Peter
>      Hammill's Not For Keith (pH 7).

Thanks for that. Although I'm even more confused now, as the album I have
doesn't seem to be mentioned here. I think it must be the "self-titled"
one, although the presence on the cover of a large cartoon pig with a
speech balloon saying "Get A Whiff O'This!" always led me to believe that
was the name of the album. I don't have it here to check but when I get
back to the UK I'll have to dig it out and examine it more closely.

No. 41 in the charts eh... not such a rarity after all.

Nick