OFF: Great Bassists (was100 Greatest Guitarists)

DRider Farflung at COMCAST.NET
Fri Sep 5 19:10:27 EDT 2003

I don't know....
There's alot of great bassists out there....
Here's a few that spring to mind
(in no certain order - well, the top four on the list are there for a reason
")

Les Claypool
Steve Harris
Dave Holland
Charles Mingus
Dave Schools
John Wetton
Allen Woody
John Paul Jones
Jack Cassady
Phil Lesh
Bootsy Collins
Geezer Butler
Alan Davey
Jack Bruce
Flea
Rob Wasserman
Pete Way
George Porter
Roger Clover
Geddy Lee
Mike Watt
Chris Squire
Tony Levin
Dennis Dunaway
Billy Talbot
Ross The Boss
Oteil Burbridge
Larry Graham
John Entwistle
Paul McCartney

And there's plenty more.....

So don't sell yourself short!!

Bassists are unsung heroes and are in higher demand than guitarists.

Peace,

PS many of the bassists listed above can be found playing on "The Deep End
Volumes I & II" by Government Mule - featuring Warren Haynes - certainly
worthy of being in the "Top 100 Guitarists" list!