Great Bassists (was100 Greatest Guitarists)

RMayo19761 at AOL.COM RMayo19761 at AOL.COM
Sat Sep 6 00:57:56 EDT 2003

In a message dated 9/5/2003 7:19:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lindas1 at ADELPHIA.NET writes:

> Lemmy??

Well, maybe...
first we have to define what we mean by bass player...
sure Lem plays a bass guitar, but does that alone make him a bass player? is
he playing bass?
the man himself has said he is just playing rhythm guitar on his bass, and
while it's pretty amazing to see and a mighty force to experience aurally, it
isn't 'playing bass' as most would describe it. He refers to himself on the
credits on many a M'head lp as simply 'Rhythm'. i don't think he belongs on that
list because he's doing something other than what those others on the list do:
playing 4-string rhythm guitar; i don't think he'd argue that.
bobm