Great Bassists (was100 Greatest Guitarists)

DRider Farflung at COMCAST.NET
Sat Sep 6 17:00:03 EDT 2003

Billy Sheehan started out w/ promise.
Even though the song-writing for Talas was weak, his playing was strong..
I lost track of him.....
What's he up to.....?

Phil Lynott - a great bassist and great song-writer too.

Paul Simonon - anyone know where I can find a copy of Sandinista! on CD?
New - used - I don't care - I have been looking for it (unsuccessfully) for
many years!

Dave Holland was a jazz great. Bitches Brew anyone?

I don't know, IMHO Pete Way is underrated.

> Who else?  Jim Lea, no doubt.  Jason Newstead (have you *heard* the first
> Flotsam and Jetsam album???!)

Doomsday For The Deceiver - right? Yeah, I got it. Played the hell out of it
when it came out. His playing w/ Metallica was good on "And Justice For
All" - but the stuff after that is mostly crap. Playing in the shadow of
Cliff was no easy task. Cliff was great!

Stanley Clarke anyone??