OFF: Great Bassists (was100 Greatest Guitarists)

RMayo19761 at AOL.COM RMayo19761 at AOL.COM
Sat Sep 6 17:49:39 EDT 2003

In a message dated 9/6/2003 4:59:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM writes:

> What else?

Bob Daisly is an overlooked, underrated GENIUS
laff if you like, but listen to his work on Ozzy's 'Diary of a Madman' and
tell me he's not a MASTER of the creative arrangement. His work on that record
rates him as the secret weapon that every heavy rock band since '82 has been
sorely missing.
more?
John Wetton
Cliff Williams (that's not easy, you know...)
Ian Hill (ditto)
Martin Turner
Kenny Aaronson

Any one ever hear Jeff Berlin's version of Cream's 'Crossroads'? he plays all
of Clapton's guitar solos NOTE_FOR_NOTE///// You simply have to hear it
sometime

Ya know, we really ought to be talking about 'rhythm sections' here, not just
bassists; for what is a bassist without a drummer? (*rhetorical question!*)

bobm