OFF: Great Bassists (was100 Greatest Guitarists)

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Tue Sep 9 07:46:41 EDT 2003

TJ asked...

>I agree with you here.  If a guy wants to be a lead guitarist, then go
ahead and
>play guitar, but don't play lead guitar on the bass.  Some guys, like
Bogert,
>can play very busy stuff on bass, but still maintain the bottom end and
>continue to drive the song.  Busy guys often work well in a power trio
>because there's lots of room for them, c.f the sainted Geddy.  BTW,
>does anyone know what Geddy's real name is?

I think it's Gary.  But his mother spoke with such an accent that
it sounded more like Geddy.  Not sure where his folks emigrated from
though...perhaps eastern Europe?  Maybe Lee is his middle name too,
but that's just a pure guess.

Grakkl (FAA)