HW: Updates and Teazers

Karen Kusic kkusic at EXECPC.COM
Fri Sep 12 17:56:49 EDT 2003

(my message has been rejected 4 times - hope this one goes through ...)

OK -

It's pretty unlikely that we'll see a Hawkwind/Monster Magnet tour.  I can
still hope but it's not in the works.

This is as much as Ron from pbgadget.com knows about the latest Monster
Magnet news:

--
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:24:55 -0500
From: Ron Faiola <ron at pbgadget.com>
To: <kkusic at execpc.com>
Subject: Re: tour rumors

I don't know about MM with HW.  Would be cool...

Dave recently fired Jon Kleiman (drums) and Joe Calandra (bass).  They were
with the band from the beginning and the their departure was not pretty.
MM has a new rhythm section and they've played a few shows in Europe.
Also, A&M dropped the band a while back and now they're on the German
label SPV (I've enclosed a photo of Phil Caivano with label mate Lemmy).

Ron
--

I posted the pic here:
http://www.claim.to/spacerock/douglemmyphil.html

Not sure who "Doug" is!  Let's see who's the first BOC-ler to identify him.
Sorry ... no prize ...  ;)

Karen