HW: Updates and Teazers

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Sep 17 06:45:07 EDT 2003

Andrew Garibaldi writes:

> Any other bizarre experiences for the sake of great concerts anyone?

Back in 92 or 93 I headed off for a series of gigs. York staretd with
the girlfriend splitting with me because I'd actually gone for the tour
as planned (hey, she was invited too). I then met up with Ande Tucker in
Cardiff and that was a great gig too. Ande drove us to Wolverhampton for
the next one, and then on to Slough. We dropped my stuff at a B&B and
Ande then drove to the town centre with me trying to memorise the route
so that I could find the B&B again. Ande had an appointment and couldn't
stay for the Slough gig. Anyway, the gig was great and I came out of the
student union around midnight, three sheets to the wind. I couldn't find
a taxi. So I made a drunken decision to walk back.

Now a lot of the streets in Slough look like an awful lot of the other
streets in Slough. Two hours later I was wandering around a suburb quite
sure that my B&B was there somewhere. But finally I gave up and walked
back into town, the finding of which took another two hours. I finally
found a taxi and got back to the B&B just after 5am. I had to get up for
a train at 6.20 am. I woke up very tired and with the hangover from
hell. Walking down the road about 50 yards I discovered the very postbox
where I'd given up looking the night before.

I've never been back to Slough.

FoFP