HW: Bizaare gig experiences

Iain Ferguson iainferguson at AOL.COM
Wed Sep 17 09:19:07 EDT 2003

an amusing incident a few years back.....

upon travelling down (the night b4) to see Hawkwind in Exeter some years
ago now, We stopped at the Somerset services outside Taunton.. it was
late in the evening and we'd been very busy with the rizzla's and the
munchies had kicked in big style.

I sat in the foyer of the services in a Bhudda like position singing and
chanting "cabinet Key, Cabinet key", the lads and Lassies with me were
all sat infront cross legged , head bowed, chanting back Boinga gBoing
( the mouth harp part of Flying Dr)

Who should walk past at that very moment with the biggest grin on the
planet, none other than Harvey Bainbridge, and guess what, they even
played flying Dr and as he said that night

this is for the for the space cadets in the services, hope you've got
your Cabinet key....