OFF: TicketMaster bidding

Si Halley si at SICKTHINGSUK.CO.UK
Thu Sep 18 13:27:32 EDT 2003

At the risk of being seen as a conspiracy theorist (not that there`s
anything wrong with them) the following occured to me. If I have any facts
wrong then I apologise, I`m no expert.

1. Record industry is, they say, in trouble claiming they are losing
millions due to downloading.

2. The big record corps have very close ties to US Radio now that it seems
to have been taken over by Clear Channel stations,  who are part of
Time/Warner/AOL/etc megacorp (the record companies) in some way. So they
have the Product, advertising and venues tied up to one massive megacorp.
and can dictate what you hear and what you can see.

3. As they have failed completely to stop people downloading, they are going
to recoup the money elsewhere via the closely connected ticket agency
Ticketmaster, who are now going to scalp the fans for as much as their
pocket can bare (and more), which will undoubtably cause a increase in
credit card debt as fans of the various bands/teams/sportmen desperate to
get tickets bid stupid amounts to get them in the heat of the moment (be
honest, we`ve all done it in one way or another, paying more then we should
have to for something).

4. So the record companies main buying audience (the fans) are skint and in
debt, can`t go to big shows anymore and can`t buy all the various releases
(and rereleases with bonus tracks etc) so they download them for free
instead instead....

Hmmm...

Si

"The Eyes Of Alice Cooper" - In Stores 22nd September 2003