OFF: TicketMaster bidding

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Mon Sep 22 06:55:37 EDT 2003

> > For me, Cameron Diaz or some other celeb or corporate type paying
> > $5000, say, to attend a small-theatre Rolling Stones show tells me
> > *nothing* about how big a fan he or she is of the band vs. anybody
> > else.  It just tells me he or she has $5000 to burn on a ticket.  (And
> > the fact that several celebs were reported to have stayed only long to
> > be caught on film by the photographers [i.e., seen to be there] makes
> > me suspicious that some weren't very big fans at all.:)

The distressing thing about this was that a friend of mine paid £300 for two
tickets, and as soon as the announcement "Here they are, THE ROLLING
STONES!!!" happened, she had an epileptic fit, passed out (her first in 35
years), was taken to hospital and missed the whole thing.  :-(

Cheers,

Rich.