OFF: More on new Doctor Who series

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Sun Sep 28 12:53:40 EDT 2003

I've been reading more on what is happening with the new series, & it
looks like they already have the actor to play The Doctor.

I don't want to jump the gun here, because this may not be the actor to
do it at all, but the person who is making the new series, Russell T
Davies, let slip a name to reporters. Whether this actor is The Doctor,
or simply the one he would like as The Doctor is yet unsure.

The actor I'm talking of may not be familiar by name, but if I mention a
few things he's in, someone is bound to guess who he is.

His name is Bill Nighy, & his roles include Still Crazy, in which he was
the lead singer of a 70's rock band who reform in the 90's. Auf
Weidersien Pet (the recent series), in which he played a character
called Sir Jeffrey, Guest House Paradiso (which is basically Bottom, The
Movie), & Longitude, with Michael Gambon.

Another name that's currently doing the rounds for the role is Alan
Davies, who stars in a series called Jonathon Creek. But I think (and
pray) that one is a rumour.

William

PS How about getting Hawkwind to do the theme music!!!!!