Re. More on new Doctor who

Richard Lockwood rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK
Tue Sep 30 05:12:04 EDT 2003

I know - it's just that a lot of discussions I've seen on this topic are
saying "We should have a black Doctor", or "We should have a gay Doctor".

Sorry if I came across as making Doctor Who a race issue - I didn't intend
that.

Cheers,

Rich.

> Who mentioned wanting a black Dr Who, it matters not a jot, Don
> Warrington is just a bloody good actor thats all
>

> Richard Lockwood wrote:
>
>  > I'm with Chris on pretty well all the below.  A couple of points to
>  > add - if
>  > they want a black doctor, how about Rudolph Walker?  The coolest, most
>  > laid
>  > back Trinidadian on television - *ever*.  He'd make an *ace* Doctor!
>  >
>  > Also, I may be the only person to think that Paul McGann made a great
>  > Doctor - that slightly mad look that Tom Baker and the rest of the
great
>  > Doctors had down pat!  (Same reason that people keep mentioning Richard
>  > Grant, although I think he's too obvious.)
>  >
>  > Cheers,
>  >
>  > Rich.
>  >
>  > >
>  > > Well, Helen sent me this today:
>  > > ********************************
>  > > These are the current names re: above ...
>  > >
>  > > Bill Nighy
>  > > Jonathan Pryce
>  > > Richard E Grant
>  > > Dame Maggie Smith
>  > > Lenny Henry
>  > >
>  > > I rather like the idea of Dame Maggie myself, though I think any of
the
>  > > first four might work.  I think Lenny would be a disaster, however,
Don