HW: The cooper temple clause - space rock?

nick HODGSON nick at DARTRESTORATION.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Tue Sep 30 16:52:26 EDT 2003

Cheers Mick,

might check that out.........
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mick Crook" <m.j.crook at TALK21.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: HW: The cooper temple clause - space rock?

Dave Wrote -

> has anybody else on the list got the new album by the cooper temple
>clause - "kick up the fire and let the flames break loose". whilst having
>a variety of influences and a very modern sound there is IMHO also a
>massive debt to Hawkwind as far as the overall sound goes. i'd reccommend
>folks check it out if for no other reason than you seem to be able to pick
>it up for around £10.00 and initial copies come with  an additional DVD of
>promo videos which can't be bad value in this day and age, and the music's
>pretty good!
>hope that's of interest to some of you
>regards
>dave
>p.s also put cooper temple clause + hawkwind into a search engine
>www.google.com and you'll find quite a lot of interesting results!

I've not heard the new one yet but I'll soon be getting it - I agree, CTC
are very Hawkwind influenced- there's a section on the first track of the
first album which wouldn't be out of place on 'In Search of Space'
I'd heard they were changing their sound for this new album, so I'm glad
they've not changed it that much.

Mick