OFF: Further details on the '5' v. future/now

Jason Scruton js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Fri Apr 2 11:59:28 EST 2004

>From his news list. It's good to see he's at least jazzed about touring.
the DVD itself sounds rather exciting, too. Has an appearance by Lemmy
(there, slight BOC-L related content!:) )
-----
Sonic Revolution is a concert DVD with a pile of bonus materials. One
of the bonus parts happens to be a 30-minute documentary that was
created solely for television broadcast and has since been hailed as
a nice piece of work, which we're glad about. There's also
behind-the-scenes and home movie footage with commentary from Dennis,
Michael and me. And a few choice pieces of archival footage, some of
which appears in edits in ATT, and, which has not been seen before in
its entirety.

When we signed on with our distributor, we had no knowledge of the
pending Future/Now Films release date. Although we requested time and
again to be kept in the loop, they refused to tell us if and when
their movie was going to be released. As I've said, we wanted
Future/Now to include our concert as a complement to theirs. The
assumption that we have timed our concert DVD to somehow conflict
with theirs is just incorrect. It is also quite an opportunistic
position for Future/Now and Becky Tyner to take in order to undermine
what could have been a happy day for us all. It's left me and my
band mates to respond defensively.

What happened in London last year was a ball. We're looking
forward to doing it again all over the world this summer on tour.

Wayne