Off- 21st Century Schizoid Band

21st Century Schizoid Fan stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Mon Apr 5 18:17:24 EDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:31:54 -0400, Jason Scruton <js3619 at ACMENET.NET> wrote:

>>Hey, has anyone on the list seen these guys?  I love old King Crimson
>>and was delighted to see that 21st SB are touring the U.S. Any info
>>that can be shared is most appreciated!

Haven't seen them, but have heard an audience recording of one of their
gigs. Rather excellent, possibly tending a bit toward the more laid-back
style of the McDonald and Giles album, some material from which they
perform - but with eruptions of power. Very good stuff. (Eruptions of
Power, sounds like a new hair metal band braving the contempt of the music
press after The Darkness have paved the way).

>The guitarist seems to havea a good handle
>on the early fripp style, from what i've read.

Jakko Jakszyk, formerly of Level 42 (a band I've never heard and know
nothing about). He sounded quite good on the recording I heard, and he
didn't try to hog the spotlight.

Stephan