BOC/OFF: why were the Jams kicked out?

Nick Medford nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 6 14:38:38 EDT 2004

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 17:01:30 -0500, John McIntyre <mcintyre at PA.MSU.EDU>
wrote:

>Eric Siegerman wrote:
>
>>So, for someone whose total knowledge of the MC5 comes from this
>>thread ... where should I start?
>>

>Kick Out The Jams.  If you don't like that, there's no need in going any
>further.

Absolutely! It's only one of the greatest live albums ever made, so if you
don't like it, you can safely assume you don't like the MC5.

There's a bewildering array of archive/unreleased/live MC5 stuff out there-
this thread has helped me make sense of some of it, but there's still a ton
of albums that *might* be worth hearing, but on the other hand might be
awful bootleg-quality rip-offs. Any comments on "Thunder Road"?
Or "Greatest Hits Live"? (not a title that inspires confidence, that last
one). One I do have is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00002MPKH/qid=1081276335/sr=1-
13/ref=sr_1_2_13/026-1786550-7358069

"Motor City is Burning"- a mixed bag, some of it has terrible sound
quality, but a few tracks are essential- the spinechilling version of the
title track for example. Is there any comprehensive online guide to all
these releases?

Nick