CD's I bought today

Christian christian.eric_mumford at CHELLO.NO
Wed Apr 7 06:52:54 EDT 2004

* Monster Magnet - "Monolithic Baby"
I thought this was a real dud- except for the Hawkwind cover "The Right
Stuff" and a few bits here and there but mostly uninspired and homogenous
IMHO- I didn't get their last one "God Says No", but plan to get it, for
some reason it passed me by. I thought their previous efforts like
"Powertrip" and "Dopes" a little bit better, compared to the band's early
period like the s/t CD and "Spine Of God" and the "Evil" EP. "Superjudge"
seemed to close off their early and more primitive period....

* Metallica - "The Black Album"
This and "Master Of Puppets" are classics I suppose, I haven't heard "Ride
The Lightening" yet but bought the latest one, "St. Anger", which is far
away from their 80's style output (also counting "The Black Album" from
1991). It is rather strange that I didn't get "The Black Album" CD a little
earlier. I didn't pay much attention to their 90's stuff like "Load", I
thought it was abit half crap...

*Iron Maiden - "Wildest Dreams" CDS
This single is quite awesome with a true NWOB heavy metal anthem like the
title really soars like the first "Iron Maiden" album with Paul D'ianno on
vocals and the "The Number Of The Beast" CD with Dickinson's debut- it is
as lively and fresh sounding as their early output. The second track "Pass
The Jam" is an 8 minute track with some rather strange hippie undertones at
the end.

...anyone care to comment?
Chr.

"I showed up at Bogstad Camping in May of '99 as Michael Moorcock's
Warhorse in Iran, on the embassy telephone and radio Luxembourg, and was
painfully crucified as The Jehovah"