Dowload research shows record sales unaffected

trev judge48 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 16 11:54:37 EDT 2004

Yes, this only goes to confirm my belief that the drop in record sales has
resulted from the music industry's gross ignorance as to the nature of their
product.  These get-rich-quick elitist, shop-keeper-mentality morons do not
believe that the quality of music product has any bearing at all on sales.
I spoke with a very prominent entrepreneur recently who said as much,
forcing me to punch his face in (not really but i wanted to). Just imagine
if Hendrix couldn't play guitar.  Would he have become the legend he is?
According to the current music biz mentality, the answer would be "Yes".
Music is an art form which can give deep and lasting benefits to the
listener resulting in that listener wanting more. Music based solely on
fashion is transient.
For the past 3 months I have been approaching record companies re the new
Mother of All Bands album by Ron Tree and myself.  Half didn't even want to
hear it. 90% of the rest gave no reply.  In my own opinion, and in Ron's,
this album is the best either of us have ever made, including all the
Hawkwind and Inner City Unit albums we have been part of.  If nothing comes
of this venture I will give up playing music and start a new career as a
rec. co. executive serial killer!
Better still, I could compile a "Death List" and publish it on the web, so
if you happen to live near any of those named, you could pop in to their
office and kill 'em.
All those willing to take part in this liberating venture contact me at:
RFM - Real Festival Music  http://www.realfestivalmusic.co.uk
Festival Cd's, Reviews, Vids, Downloads, Forum, Healers, News

Judge Trev