HW: Salisbury last night

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Wed Apr 21 16:33:08 EDT 2004

Excellent gig again at Salisbury last night.  Ian's already written a
much more eloquent review than I'll manage (he is nearly a pro now after
all!) but I'll add a few words of my own.

Same set exactly as Sunday but a much better gig.  Not a lot to choose
sonically, maybe, but the large stage with a good sized backdrop meant
that we were treated to a full-on light-show.  Lots of colour and b/w
psychedelic images, video clips and images that fitted the music
superbly, Marie tried to tell me afterwards that she missed a couple of
cues for video clips but it certainly wasn't noticeable.  The addition
of the new colour strobeflowers added an extra dimension to the lights
coming from the stage.  Being able to see the band properly was also a
great bonus over Sunday.  The guys certainly seemed to be enjoying
themselves up there and it was good to Dave out from behind those
keyboards more now.

Shame that Huw wasn't on such good form as Sunday for his support, the
lack of audience during his set meant he didn't have a great deal to
play off though.

Good to meet up with Alan L, Rob, Ian et al again.  See you all soon I
hope.

Looking forward to Manchester next!

Nick