HW: Tour Shirts

Rich cosmicdolphin at COMCAST.NET
Fri Apr 23 10:38:04 EDT 2004

>The T-short looks like a "mockery" to me.  Just my two or three cents or
>pence worth...is it some more of self parody of past accomplishments?

So Don't buy one ;-) Doesn't look like a mockery, it looks like promotion
prior to a single release with Matthew. Looks pretty colourful to me, so
we'll be buying some.

>I quite enjoy Hawkwind music, for my own reason's, which I would like to
>think that was what the intention of making that music was to begin
>with...and share that state of mindset....though it happened to me
>personally with the past music, present, and sometimes in-between, and then
>again, sometimes not at all, having felt the reprocussions of having
>purchases repackaged music of various qualities.

>But in respect of it all, the uniqueness of Hawkwind music did shape my
life
>in a profound way.   But there is always a "but"....and I will so ramble
>on....

>Speakling of retrospect and contradictions....and to be very contradictory,
>I have to say, that I enjoyed Nik's show last year in Philadelphia.  It was
>true to form.  He did not attempt to commercialize and sell T-Shirts that
>aggrandized Hawkwind's past.   That bought my respect, as I stood
>practically alone mid floor with a grin from ear to ear while his backing
>band quite faithfully recreated teh sounds of his earlier HW music..  The
>music stood for itself, even for the three hours, which will never be
>recreated again.

No"live" bootlegs.....no t-shirts..stickers.......just a
>memory of an honest attempt at making the audience leave with a grin....and
>that it did.
>It was a joy.

Stickers! Haven't seen any of those, where, I'll buy em. Commercial or no,
every band I've ever seen sells merchandise, helps keep them going.  And I'm
all over anything that keeps HW going.  I would jump at the chance to be
able to buy more merchandise!

Pretty much every HW gig I've been to has left the audience with more than a
grin :-)When was the last time you saw the Hawks, they've been pretty
incredible live the last few years!!

>Thought the "old" stands on it's own, where is the "new", if this is the
>"Hawkwind" that is supposed to be, as opposed to the controversy that is
>seen as Nik Turner going out and playing old Hawkwind songs........under a
>name that at one time was similar to Hawkwind....oh...I think it was
>"Ex-Hawkwind", which created bad feelings....

The "new" is coming very shortly, I'm looking forward to the new CD
personally. And from seeing the material live, the new stands up just fine.