HW: Tour Shirts

Nick Medford nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 23 19:51:23 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 23:20:49 +0100, mark von bargen <mark.von-
bargen at O2.CO.UK> wrote:

>Nick wrote:
>
>On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 19:06:54 +0100, colm mcwilliams
><colm.mcwilliams at NTLWORLD.COM> wrote:
>
> He was the
>>mirrors gossip columnist for 5 years
>
>Hardly a character reference.
>
>Nick
>
>But several leaps and bounds up from being the Sun's gossip columnist!

Emphatically agreed. Even so, we're still talking about the British tabloid
press... you know how it goes- give-em-what they-want, keep-em-stupid, keep-
em-docile... one of the very worst aspects of this country IMHO.

OK, so Mr Wright is apparently a nice bloke, and clearly he's a genuine HW
fan, fair enough. And HW's public profile is now very low, the cult
following of the 70s and 80s having dwindled away to a large extent. So HW
basically need all the publicity they can get, and having a "celebrity fan"
presents some opportunities for that. However- this overdone "Matthew
Wright connection", and the way it's being milked, makes me cringe. Sorry
about that. But I still hope the single does well!

Nick