HW: amusing Hawkwind conversations no. 11376

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Apr 28 16:15:28 EDT 2004

At some point in the conversation with the box office while buying a
ticket for Wolverhampton the guy asked "And what's your postcode?"

I told him
- there was a short pause

"That's Edinburgh" -
- I agreed

"Scotland"
-spot on!

- There was another pause
- he then asked
"You know that this gig is in Wolverhampton?"

I'm sorry to say I burst out laughing - which was a bit unfair.  I'm
sure he was only trying to be helpful - I guess Scotland must seem like
the other end of the universe if you live in Wolverhampton.   Mind you,
he could be right.  Trying to get a train down there was a serious test
of English geography - I'm going to learn a lot about English Midland
towns on this trip 8-(

jill