Hi again

Stephen Swann swann at CUGC.ORG
Mon Aug 16 11:50:30 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 11:25:44AM -0400, Jean Lansford wrote:
> > Stephen Swann wrote:
> > fact that I seldom get to hear cool new music (given the
> > dire state of modern commercial radio), and partly due to
> > the fact that my musical tastes are almost certainly getting
> > more and more ossified.  ;-)
>
> Sirius. And Rhapsody. And, dare I say it, New Napster. They've
> saved what's left of my brain, anyway.

I'm currently debating between Sirius and XM, although I'm
leery of investing in the hardware to receive something that
could turn out to be just as crappy and monopolized (i.e. my
grouse with Clear Channel could just as easily turn out to
be my grouse with XM?).  Do you have any personal experience
of it?

Rhapsody?

> > Coolest thing I've heard recently: Shomu Yamashta's East
> > Wind "Freedom is Frightening".  Kind of early 70's heavy
> > synthesizery progressive jazz, or maybe jazz-rock fusion.
> > Sounds almost like something John Lord might have done as
> > a solo project.
>
> *makes note*
>
> Have you heard of Tomoyasu Hotei?

Excuse you!

No, I haven't.  What should I know about him/her?

--
Steve Swann    | Speak to me in many voices, make
swann at cugc.org |     them all sound like one